Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Vote for Chamomile!

Have you heard about One Seed Chicago? It is the Year of the Herbs, you know. Just go to One Seed Chicago's website and vote for your favorite herb seed, and a packet of the winning seed will be sent to you for free! The 2012 candidates are basil, chamomile, and cilantro.

I have voted for chamomile, because I have never grown it before and I love chamomile tea. I can't wait to use my dehydrator to dry chamomile leaves for a winter full of hot, calming, chamomile tea. I've already grown lots of basil, and I'm not a fan of cilantro, so chamomile got my vote.

Last year, I voted for Swiss chard, which won. I eventually became a Swiss chard fanatic, all due to One Seed Chicago!

Which will you vote for? Voting ends on April 1, 2012. Let your voice be heard!




Origins of One Seed Chicago (from their press release)
One Seed Chicago is a project of NeighborSpace, Chicago’s land trust for community gardens. Entering its fourth year One Seed Chicago aims to introduce more Chicagoans to the joys and benefits of gardening. Previous winners: Sunflower 2008. Blue Lake Pole bean 2009. Beebalm 2010. Swiss chard 2011. Since 2008 One Seed Chicago has distributed over one million seeds to Chicago residents.

1 comment: